- To deliver skills based training for adults to enhance their employment ability in the current competitive job market.
- To help children to develop self-esteem and self-confidence and to recognise that they have a worthwhile contribution to make to the Iqra Institute.
- To create a happy and positive learning environment, fostering mutual respect, consideration for others and personal responsibility.
- To be committed to developing physical, mental and spiritual strength with positive relationships with parents, promoting education as a partnership between home and Iqra Institute.
- To understand the Islamic values for building a peaceful society.
We will achieve our aims through:
- The recognition that all children are unique individuals at differing stages of emotional, intellectual, physical, social and personal development.
- A close co-operation between home, Iqra Institute and the community. The encouragement of a critical and constructive understanding of the environment.
- A physical environment which is pleasant, safe and attractive and seen as everyone’s responsibility to maintain and take pride in.
- A code of discipline based on positive behaviour where children receive praise and encouragement within a rigorous and consistent framework of what is expected of them.
- A friendly, secure atmosphere of trust, tolerance, co-operation, sensitivity, compassion and mutual respect, where individual beliefs and values are accepted and treated as equally valuable and where each person can grow, free from prejudice without negative stereotyping and bias, as a person and as a valued member of society.
- The encouragement of self-reliance, self-confidence, self-discipline, creativity and optimism for both young people and adults.
- The encouragement of confidence to be able to freely express opinions.
- An understanding that everyone is responsible for their own actions and the effects such actions have on others.